Job Opportunity: Sync Licensing Manager
27th April 2022
Domino Publishing seeks an experienced and organised individual to join our London team as Sync Licensing Manager.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the licensing across all media for world excl. North America, working on behalf of Domino Publishing Co and as exclusive representatives of Domino Recording Co. Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to license requests from clients and from website/general enquiries email, and responding to rights queries.
- Providing clients across all business areas (including but not limited to film, TV, advertisement, games, trailers) with ballpark quotes.
- Seeking approvals from artist/writer approval parties
- Negotiating sync deal terms/fees, drafting license agreements and getting signatures.
- Working with business affairs on redline and amendments to license agreements
- Keeping track of license request statuses and updating internal reports/spreadsheets and tracking expiry dates.
- Co-ordinating with sub-publishers in various territories worldwide on license fees and approvals
- Raising invoices for license fees
- Communicating confirmed deals internally
- Creating internal licensing reports (quarterly and (bi-)annually) and create license reports for artists/writers on request
- Building and maintaining great relationships in the UK and internationally with artist managers, lawyers, writers and artists as well as sync clients
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities to contribute to the international exploitation of Domino’s repertoire
- Attend gigs, Domino sync events and networking events, including occasional international travel
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar international sync licensing role
- Has knowledge of various international markets and is able to quote accordingly
- The ability to work autonomously, think strategically and be proactive
- Ability to work efficiently on a high volume of deals to tight deadlines
- A proven track record of achievement in negotiation and deal making
- Thorough understanding of copyright in publishing and master recordings
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel, pivot tables and generating charts
- Experience of working with business affairs, copyright, admin, finance and A&R teams
- A highly committed team player
- A broad range of contacts within the UK and international sync market
- Ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally
Please supply a cover letter and CV clearly setting out your achievements to date to email@example.com before May 9, 2022.
Please include the job title in the subject line and state where you saw this advert.
Domino Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other status protected by law.